Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Tableau System Administrator with strong passion to build, optimize and maintain systems to support analytics that drive improved business performance. They must have in depth system administration experience with Tableau.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible to support all efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience with analytics. Individual will be performing all the system administration tasks related to Tableau.
The role is positioned within Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence group which is part of Information Technology department. The Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence group is responsible for providing actionable insights into various aspects of the business to drive value and support improvements within the business. DW and BI group focus areas include Merchandising, Supply Chain, ECOM, Customer Analytics, Finance and many others.
* Design and develop enterprise level system to support the analytical needs using Tableau.
* Develop plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
* Act as a technical expert to provide technical support and software upgrades for applications.
* Coordinate and perform regular operating system, application maintenance including backup and recovery processes for applications and system.
* Design and develop disaster recovery plans.
* Assist in troubleshooting application, database connectivity, networking, operating system issues.
* Establish and manage relationships with Vendor.
* Develop and maintain security aspects of the system.
* Work very closely with Data Architects, DBAs, SMEs and Power Users in setting up the environment that meets the needs of users.
* Troubleshoot and optimize Tableau Dashboards/Workbooks, data extraction, etc.
* Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives.
Experience & Personal Qualities:
* At least 7 years of experience with Tableau out of which at least 3 years with hands on Administration.
* Experience in setting up repositories, users and security management.
* A general working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts.
* Ability to quickly learn new technology and concepts to perform duties in a very past paced environment.
* Ability to setup automated processes to manage system health.
* Experience in optimizing system performance and troubleshooting.
* Proficient with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance, support audits, etc.
* Willingness and the ability to closely work with User community, DBAs, ETL developers, and the project team in general.
* A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
* Prior working experience in the area of Retail Industry is preferred.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
* Ability to work independently and as a team with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
* A minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
* Expertise knowledge in latest versions of Tableau suite with deeper knowledge in Tableau system administration.
* Advanced knowledge with database tools.
* Expertise knowledge in SQL.
* Domain experience in retail business is preferred.
* Experience with Tableau.
* 7+ years of professional experience in analytical reporting.
* At least 5 years of recent experience in Tableau.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
About Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores selling a range of domestic merchandise and home furnishings.