As Data Engineer - Agent Compensation on the Data Engineering Team, you will be part of the team that owns Redfin's Data Warehouse platform, overall architecture, data integration and operational excellence. Specifically, this role will own the Redfin Agent Compensation System from end to end. In this role, you will work closely with Real Estate Operations, Finance, and Analytics to review, define and implement compensation policy. This is a highly visible and highly accountable role and will require a PM mindset along with the technical skill of a Data Engineer.
* Work with a cross-department team to review, define and implement the Redfin Agent Compensation System
* Create a new architecture around agent compensation that will allow for configurable business rules and will scale to meet our growing employee base
* Write and maintain complex SQL
* Develop, implement and tune data pipelines to support downstream applications
* Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain
* Develop and unit test assigned features to meet product requirements
* Expert level SQL
* Experience in database technologies (i.e., Postgres, MySQL ,SQL Server, Oracle, RedShift etc.)
* Programming language experience (Python, Java, etc)
* Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
* PM skills such as planning, prioritization, requirements gathering and communication across teams
* Working knowledge of data modeling and data quality techniques
* Experience working with GIT/Docker/Jenkins is a plus
* AWS experience is a plus
* Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.