Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Tours team is focused on reinventing an essential part of the home-buying process: how customers visit homes. Our Book It Now feature was recognized as the Most Innovative Real Estate Technology by the 2015 Inman Innovator Awards, and we've continued to make great strides since then. As a Full-Stack Software Developer, you will drive projects to help make tour scheduling at Redfin as easy and efficient as possible.
This year, Redfin is opening a new Engineering office in Frisco, TX. As one of the first Software Developers for Redfin in this location, you'll work closely with teammates and the Engineering Site Lead to establish best practices for collaborating with our Seattle and San Francisco colleagues, build a fun and welcoming atmosphere, and lay a foundation for growth.
* Design and build technical solutions that address complex touring business requirements across 80+ Redfin markets, improving a process that can take multiple phone calls, calendar invites, and spreadsheets
* Collaborate with your teammates by reviewing code, writing documentation, refining best practices, and helping our team ship high-quality features
* Participate in multi-person and multi-team technical projects from initial design to national launch, identifying pitfalls and incorporating user feedback along the way
* Build the team by interviewing candidates and mentoring new developers
Desired Skills & Experience
* Full-stack experience: 2+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features. Java, SQL, or React experience a plus
* A proven track record: you've driven projects to completion and can speak to the impact for the business or the customer
* Experience with third-party APIs: you've successfully built solutions with services from companies like Google and Twilio
* Customer empathy: you are a "voice of the customer" and understand how your projects affect user experience
* Effective written and verbal technical communication: you can collaborate across distances, and when you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas
* A mission that matters. We serve 42 states including Washington DC and closed $85 billion+ in home sales as of 2018!
* Far more responsibility than at a big company, but at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup
* Daily releases so you can see the fruits of your labor delivered to users quickly, and you can see the impact as we hear back from customers, agents, bloggers, and national media
* A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.