Redfin is looking for an awesome full-stack developer to work on technology that brings previously unimaginable ease and simplicity in real estate transactions for homebuyers. At Redfin, you will lead the development of data-driven features and experiments for your team's products. You'll build products that drive some of the company's most critical metrics and impact revenue growth. We are helping create the best possible home buying or selling experience, one feature at a time. You'll get an opportunity to build new software and frameworks from scratch, which will range from beautiful customer-facing applications to highly scalable distributed workflows.
On the User Engagement Team, you will help us build rich features and tools that keep buyers and sellers engaged with the site so that when they are ready to take the next step, they choose Redfin. Features we own and work on include saved searches, favorites, registration infrastructure, the homeowner dashboard, shared search and commenting, the feed, and more. We collaborate with other teams frequently and our features are embedded across the site.
Who You Are
* You are a developer who thinks like an end user, who knows that 90% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
* You have experience developing large scale Java apps backed by relational databases - we use Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Postgres.
* You love elegant interfaces that can tell stories and inspire trust.
* You are a teacher and a mentor: you have the leadership skills (and patience) to improve the developers around you.
* Above all, you share a passion for our mission to create a fundamentally better real estate experience for our customers.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or related fields
* 2+ years of experience with software engineering and object-oriented languages like Java
* Experience with software design best practices, test-driven development, and dependency injection.
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
* Strong problem solving and complexity analysis
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Experience taking a project from inception through launch. Includes communicating with customers, other technical teams, and management of collecting requirements, describing software product features, and producing technical designs
* Proficiency in software engineering best practices
* Experience building complex software with multiple dependency systems
* Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence; excellent interpersonal skills
Technologies We Use and Teach
Great engineers want to work on emerging technologies. Our website and mobile apps are built with Java, Spring, JSP, Postgres, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JS, React, and various other tools/libraries. In production, we run on Linux. On our desktops, we mostly run Mac and Windows, but some opt for Linux. We use Intellij, Bazel, and Git.
* A mission that matters. So far, we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
* Management that is interested in helping you grow as an engineer and motivated to making our work environment as productive as possible.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.