Redfin (Nasdaq: RDFN) is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Home Services engineering team-based out of our newest engineering site in Frisco, TX-builds all of the software used to renovate and prepare homes before we list them on the market. Your mission will be to enable our new businesses that rely on renovations, such as our instant offer business RedfinNow, to expand aggressively and operate efficiently and with high quality. This team is building a lot of new software from the ground up, including:
* Mobile applications that let our field staff scope and complete tasks needed to renovate homes
* Desktop web software for efficiently scheduling and monitoring projects; managing vendors to let them focus on their work; and tracking payments to keep our costs down
* Intelligent workflow management to ensure efficient handoffs
We are looking for a pragmatic hands-on software architect who, together with your engineering manager, will lead the architectural design and development of Home Services software. You'll get to use your judgment and guide the team on when to reuse existing Redfin technologies and when to champion adoption of new ones. You'll support your engineering manager by mentoring a brand new engineering team and help establish the team's processes and best practices. You'll need to balance designing for the future with delivering a minimum viable product to enable near-term expansion.
* You are an experienced, pragmatic architect with a proven track record of leading design and development of complex large-scale software systems.
* You are a very hands-on coder and lead by example to demonstrate what software craftsmanship is all about.
* You enjoy being a lynchpin and taking an active role in building a high performing team and mentoring junior and senior engineers.
* When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
* More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Skills & Experience
* 6+ years of full-stack development: including Java, React Native, ReactJS, CSS, and SQL
* Experience with architectural patterns, API design and building large-scale applications
* The ability to handle ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams, and empathize with customers
What We Offer
* You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in an early-stage start-up
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
* Strong culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.