Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Quality Engineering Team partners with development teams in testing cross-team features, defining best practices for ensuring quality of our website and mobile apps, and help the rest of Engineering write reliable and maintainable test automation. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will keep an eye for defects in daily releases and work with a large number of feature teams to ensure we maintain a high bar for quality.
* Participate in team processes and collaborate with feature teams to test mobile and web applications as well as write supporting automation.
* With direction and mentorship, you can design, estimate, document and implement tightly-scoped technical projects.
* Understand Quality Team's charter and work efficiently with remote teammates towards common project goals.
* Learn technologies, architectures and processes specific to the Quality team.
* Able to work independently and with team to author test plans and test cases successfully.
* Your work is consistently of a high quality (e.g., thorough, thoughtful, data-driven) and incorporates best practices.
* You constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
* Participate in design and automation code reviews.
* Bachelor's degree or 3+ years' experience working in QA, developing automated tests for web-based product
* Experience testing large, complex consumer facing websites and mobile applications that need to scale to millions of users.
* 2+ years test automation or other coding experience in JAVA or another Object Oriented language
* You know how to write test automation using tools like Selenium/Appium/Rest assured/KIF/Espresso.
Who you are
* You are customer focused and have great attention to detail.
* You can communicate and collaborate with peers in other Redfin offices, and document your work efficiently
* You have established good working relationships with team members and peers working on related software. You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
* You are able to confidently train new team members about your products' customers, what your software does, how it is constructed, tested, and operates and how it fits into the bigger picture.
What We Offer
* A mission that matters. So far we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
* Management that is interested in helping you grow as an engineer and motivated to making our work environment as productive as possible.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock grants
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
* Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.