The Artificial Intelligence (AI) CoE's mission is to deliver world-class Artificial Intelligence and Automation solutions to enable transformational value and insights to drive Pfizer's business performance. Our team consists of highly driven, business savvy, technically talented people who strive to deliver innovative solutions that enable Pfizer's business strategies.
Pfizer AI CoE is looking for a talented and hands on Chatbot Solutions Engineer to drive the engineering and adoption of Conversational UI solutions such as Chatbots and Voice Assistants for engaging with colleagues, HCPs and patient populations.
General scope of the role will be to architect and develop a common framework and reusable objects using Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), API/micro services and mobile/web development methodologies that can be leveraged to deploy conversational UI solutions globally.
* Assess the business requirements and manage design, build and deployment of conversational UI initiatives within AI COE portfolio
* Participate in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of conversational UI solutions by actively helping the team in choosing the right technology, methodology and solving technical problems
* Provide thought leadership in development of Conversational UI solutions through design and code reviews, partial development and application of reusable components, hands-on unit testing, and signoff for production deployment
* Architect, design, and support the build of reusable components such as APIs, Frameworks, and ML models to promote configuration based ("zero" coding) approach to building conversational UI solutions
* Build Conversational UI prototypes and PoCs to showcase value of AI and digital assistant to business stakeholders
* Passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
* Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
* Self-Driven - actively looks for ways to contribute Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write and believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
* Collaborates, builds consensus, and iteratively improves solutions
* Work across matrix organization and geographically dispersed virtual teams
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* 5+ years of experience developing web and mobile applications
* 2+ years' experience in embedding Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP/NLU into applications
* 2+ years' experience with developing chatbots or voice assistant solutions (i.e.: Alexa skills)
* 2+ years' experience developing micro services and REST APIs
* 2+ years' experience developing and deploying applications on public cloud
* 2+ years' experience database technologies such as MongoDB, Oracle, Elastic
* Understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns
* Experience with agile software development methods
* Experience with unit and functional tests, preferably using test driven development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Strong communications skills
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Advisor/Consultancy: Provides well-informed advice, typically within a specific technical specialization, ensuring that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities. Provides advice on technical aspects of Conversational UI and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
* Technical Acumen: Maintains knowledge of specific technologies provides detailed advice regarding their application, executes specialized tasks.
* Thought Leadership & Advocacy: Develop awareness of industry developments and best practices Provide thought leadership in emerging technologies as they relate to AI and Conversational UI
* Presentation Skills: Ability to develop visually simple and appealing PowerPoint presentations and be comfortable with articulating and communicating with the right authority and messaging to a broad range of stakeholders
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* This position may sit in La Jolla, CA, Peapack, NJ, New York, NY, Collegeville, PA
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.