At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Digital Solutions and Enablement (DSE) team creates comprehensive technology solutions for our external customers. This includes all digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & devices) products, platforms, services and experiences in service of:
* Patients and Caregivers
* Clinicians & Study Participants
* Payers, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Government Health Systems and Institutions
Solutions teams within DSE are driven to ensure that every health system stakeholder is given easy access to the information and tools they need to manage the best possible outcome for patients.
Opportunities exist for DSE in many disciplines including web, mobile, artificial intelligence, and the electronic medical record (EMR) space to empower our stakeholders through seamless user experiences to support the detection, diagnosis, access and adherence for patients in their health journeys.
We seek qualified individuals to join us in our mission to fulfill our company's purpose as we advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives by ensuring they have access to quality healthcare services and Pfizer's medicines and vaccines.
The DSE Engineering Lead is the technical lead of a scrum development or project team using appropriate methodologies (agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.) to provide continuous delivery of digital experiences across the relevant customer types. These customer types could include Patients and Caregivers, Healthcare Professionals, organized customers like Hospitals or Pharmacies, or internal Pfizer colleagues. They are embedded in a team focused on one of these customer types and work closely with the Product and Solution Lead, scrum master, project manager, developers, client partners, vendors and others to accomplish the team's and the organization's goals.
The Project Delivery Lead is accountable to directly lead management and creation of products and experiences directly supporting Enterprise-level and Pfizer Executive Leadership Team members' goals and objectives for global, regional and local Patient and Caregiver-facing digital solutions. They lead a highly performant distributed team of developers and testers. Responsible for the technical approach, engineering, strategy & all technical skillsets to deliver on the solution, product and\or project vision & business needs.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be providing deep technical knowledge combined with solid technical leadership across the team ensuring that product and\or solution objectives are embedded within the team that align to global & BU level objectives. This role will be responsible for all contract technical delivery resources.
* A detailed understanding of the technical landscape, both inside and outside of Pfizer. The candidate will have demonstrable subject matter expertise in multiple of our foundational technologies/areas (Open source, AWS, native and hybrid mobile development, modern web technologies, core data and database technologies, internet cyber security and others). Whilst being recognized as a technical SME, this role requires a solid understanding of the business and is able to successfully translate this knowledge into day to day decision making.
* The Lead Engineer is tasked with the design, development and deployment solutions of solutions and products for the relevant customer type.
* The Engineering Lead has autonomy within provided standards and roadmaps to make architectural decisions for the product or solution which will have an impact across all BU's & business teams that make use of this platform. Whilst the primary focus of the role will be ensuring that the correct architectural decisions will be made, it is imperative that knowledge is shared and decisions are based on multiple inputs across the wider team and BU, this position will both disseminate and actively encourage knowledge sharing.
* Responsible for release management, code quality, CI integration and usage.
* Applies skills and discipline knowledge to contribute to the achievement of work across the product \ project team to achieve the needs of a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team product development team in continuously delivering enhancements to strategic, ELT endorsed digital products supporting all business units globally. Acts as servant-leader to a development team across the entire D&T Business Unit in delivering products (e.g., across Client Partner\Product Management, Enterprise Platforms and Security, Core Solution and Data and Analytics teams).
* Interprets internal/external business challenges and best practices to recommend improvements to products, processes, and services
* To work with BU BT leads, BT Business Partners and key Business Stakeholders to develop and deliver solutions which overcome complex commercial business problems and allow business value to be realized through innovative technology solutions. This will be done by leveraging expertise / resources worldwide across solution center teams.
* Sets technical objectives for and manages one or more scrum teams with ongoing work activities across all commercial business units within a product grouping and\or portfolio of projects. Leads teams by making decisions that require developing innovative options to resolve complex problems when implementing strategic products\projects for all commercial Business Units.
* Applies technical and advanced knowledge to plan\design efforts of continuous delivery in an enterprise environment and uses their comprehensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other disciplines within D&T in delivery of digital experiences.
* Provides technical and functional expertise to Business Units globally and regionally. Has advanced knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of continuous delivery of digital and technology and implementation of products and systems supporting the relevant customer type. Uses knowledge of industry, customer requirements and general business environment to enable delivery of projects and programs, leveraging both standard commercial roadmap patterns as well as innovative technologies across a range of systems disciplines to deliver value to Pfizer business units. Exhibits a high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external marketplace and anticipates business line or sub-function customer requirements.
* Champions innovation. Develops and leverages development resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/ products within immediate product or project team and across DSE and Business Units, taking appropriate risks to achieve desired results; guides and influences the team and stakeholders on acceptable levels of risk-taking.
* Drive technical delivery cost savings targets through effective project estimation, vendor selection and negotiation
* Minimum of 7 years of experience with increasing responsibility in an engineering related role
* Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software architect and/or developer, systems engineer, computer engineer, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience managing teams including the financials of contract or colleague resources.
* Excellent working knowledge of delivering solutions writing code in appropriate modern frameworks including but not limited to, node.js, Angular.js, Java, Laravel, Ionic, Drupal, Swift, kotlin, python, Vue.js.
* Experience operating in a DevOps and\or agile project team environment.
* Well versed in agile principles and able to lead software engineers in this area
* Well versed in Continuous Integration\Continuous Delivery practices, and able to lead software engineers in this area.
* Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & influence resources outside of the immediate span of control.
* Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
* Ability to take a systematic approach to estimation of technical projects.
* Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
* Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
* Business Technology is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 26, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a biopharmaceutical company developing and manufacturing human and veterinary medicines, as well as consumer healthcare products.