The Sr. Manager Solution Engineer, is a role that works with Finance leaders to ensure alignment of Pfizer Digital objectives to the business requirements/process and to anticipate future business needs in GTN/Pricing areas of Pfizer.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible to lead new developments and upgrade projects and will be required to manage cross functional teams comprising of internal and external resources. Additional responsibilities include gathering requirements, coordinating design and build activities, coordination of testing, project management, financial tracking and presentation of status reports to Pfizer Digital and Finance leaders.
* Make technology recommendations to address business requirements in the Hyperion Planning budgeting and forecasting space
* Anticipate business needs based on good understanding of business processes and requirements
* Translate business needs into high value solutions, leveraging existing systems and solutions where possible and ensuring solutions are reusable and configurable.
* Ensure that solutions are aligned with the overall Pfizer Digital strategy and that requirements are reflected in the final product.
* Document requirements, prepare test scripts and implementation plans.
* Ensure timely and concise communication, anticipate and manage escalation processes.
* Ensure service delivery standards are maintained and work with necessary local, regional and global teams to escalate issues
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities to improve system performance and end user functionality
* Maintain expert level technical knowledge in all areas of financial management solutions, industry trends, competitive offerings, and internal Pfizer offerings
* Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
* 7+ years of relevant experience in a finance environment and/or with financial systems
* 7+ years of experience with Flex suite of applications, Model N
* 7+ years of experience with Revitas/iMany
* 7+ years of experience with PL/SQL , Integration tools and Informatica
* Experience with GTN, Medicaid and Pricing applications
* Demonstrate strong project management, analytical and problem solving/debugging skills
* Demonstrate experience with full software lifecycle methodology
* Demonstrate ability to be highly organized and detailed oriented
* Effective communications at project team level, meeting facilitation and presentations
* Demonstrate solid understanding of financial related processes and technologies, financial statement structures and budgeting and forecasting processes
* Strong ability to articulate complicated issues across levels, functions as well as geographic regions and cultures
* Ability to challenge assumptions and engage in active conversations with colleagues and management regarding possible improvements and changes to the status quo
* Experience in the Government Pricing area preferred
* Working knowledge of .Net, Java Unix and other tools
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Role is located in NYC
* Potential travel required for critical project work < 20%
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 22, 2019
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.