At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The Foreign Exchange Online Channels group builds and maintains multiple web applications and web services that customers user for Foreign Exchange payments. This senior position is part of a team of Software Engineers and Analysts that design, develop, implement and support these complex applications. The candidate will act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. As part of this team, you will analyze highly complex business requirements, design and write technical specifications to build complex computer platforms and applications. Provide direction to less experienced staff and develop highly complex, original code. Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Lead projects and at times manage the work of less experienced staff. Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
* 5+ years of application development experience
* 3+ years of securities industry experience
* 10+ years of application development experience
* 7+ years of Java experience
* 7+ years of leadership or management experience
* 5+ years of architectural design and planning experience
* 5+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
* 5+ years of PL/SQL experience
* 5+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
* 5+ years of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
* 5+ years of UNIX experience
* 5+ years of web development experience
* 5+ years of HTML (HyperText Markup Language) experience
* 3+ years of capital markets experience
* 3+ years of data analysis experience
* 3+ years application security vulnerability detection and mitigation experience with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 and SANS Common Weakness Enumeration Top 25
* 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
* 2+ years of performance tuning experience
* 2+ years of Autosys experience
* 1+ year of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience
* A BS/BA degree or higher
* Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
* Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
* Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
* Strong collaboration and partnering skills
* Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
* 1+ year of Fortify Code Analyzer experience
Other Desired Qualifications
* Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles and tools
* Working knowledge of Confluence/JIRA systems
* Proven ability to learn new technologies and adopt to new environments
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-San Leandro: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.