ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We are working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Operational Compliance…
We handle key elements of the company's ethics and compliance programs. As part of Ethics and Compliance, Operational Compliance has responsibility for providing governance over the Company's compliance with its energy regulators including the California Public Utilities Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, and the California Energy Commission.
You're a problem solver, finding ways to get things done and invent ways to do things better. A collaborator who works well with and learns from people with diverse backgrounds. A continuous learner, because the customers, industry, and technology never stop evolving. You are passionate about data science, involved in the data science and analytics community to stay on the leading edge.
About the Job…
You will serve as a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst within the Ethics & Compliance organization supporting the Metrics and Analytics function. In this role, you will be responsible for mining, analyzing and interpreting data to draw key insights into high-demand issues for compliance operations. Has a keen ability to extract data from a variety of sources across the SCE enterprise and use quantitative skill set to create dashboards, reports and metrics using several business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
You will be:
* An Analytical Thinker - synthesizing complex or diverse information; collecting and researching data; using intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
* A Problem Solver - Identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully; developing alternative solutions.
* A Task Master - Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments; readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures; gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
* A Quality Champion - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Serving in this dynamic role, you will have a lot of fun working with enormous amounts of data, while helping to invent and implementing new ways to take on old problems through modelling and automation. Being a part of the team inventing the "tomorrow" of the compliance industry.
Detailed stuff you'll be doing...
* Participates in a multi-functional teams to build out, expand, and mature Ethics and Compliance data analytics capabilities.
* Collaborate with compliance partners and team members to resolve business challenges through data and analytics.
* Assists in the development of strategic analytic initiatives to meet Ethics & Compliance goals and objectives.
* Assists in determining use of analytical solutions by providing recommendations and feedback to leadership in support of departmental and/or company operations.
* Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of data systems and workflow processes in assigned department functions.
* Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and develop integrated data sets.
* Design and publish reports that enable users to interpret complex data and inform action.
* Document and maintain data definitions and reporting methodologies.
Qualifications you need …
* Associate's degree or higher.
* Two (2) or more years of experience in an analytical position (the 2 years of experience can include professional work, internship, or related campus research positions).
* Experience in a report development, data science, business analytics and/or business intelligence role.
* Experience with data visualization tools: SAP Business Objects (Web Intelligence, Dashboards, Lumira, Analysis, etc), Microsoft Power BI, SAS, Tableau, and/or other similar analytic tools to create impactful reports and interactive dashboards.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools, including: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Other skills and qualifications that will set you up for success …
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Technology, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business, Economics or STEM.
* Experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint.
* Experience performing advanced analytics.
* Experience developing visualizations using visual analytics tools.
* Knowledge of Entity-Relational Modeling, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) and data warehouse concepts.
* Experience with data science methods using Python or R to solve complex problems.
* Experience extracting data from multiple data sources (SAP ERP, MS SQL, CSV, etc.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA.
* We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.