At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for exceptional engineers to build and integrate systems for our compliance and legal initiatives. Our mission is to enhance Uber's risk posture through our toolset, integrations, and platforms. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, business systems analysts, and program managers to ensure Uber is achieving compliance from an IT perspective with our legal platform tools.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Own and drive requirements throughout the software development lifecycle for large components of the compliance and legal environment, including architecture/design, implementation, testing, and launch.
* Lead design discussions on data models, architectural framework, and business logic.
* Work with your teammates in an agile environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
* Partner with various teams to leverage existing technology and integrate them to create a seamless experience for our employees.
What You'll Need
* Expertise in an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and eagerness to learn more
* Evaluate existing systems and components to determine integration requirements to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs
* Encourage good engineering practice with emphasis on code quality, supportability, scalability, and performance
* Experience with machine learning, computer vision, information retrieval, and data mining
* Experience with building and maintaining large scale data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, MySQL and Hive
* Understanding of databases, data modeling, and RESTful web APIs
* Great written and verbal communication skills to work in a collaborative environment
Bonus Points If
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
* Experience in Spark or Scala
* Experience with R for data manipulation
* Familiarity with Michelangelo, Tensorflow, and Google Vision,
* Familiarity with GRC (Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance) concepts
* Familiarity with ISO, FTC, GDPR, SOX and other regulations
* Experience working with legal teams and systems
About the Team
Compliance is one of Uber's most important goals. Our team uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with Uber's own world-class platforms to ensure we are meeting our compliance and legal objectives. Join us in making a positive impact on the world through our compliance and legal initiatives by supporting Uber.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.