At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber for Business (U4B) is rapidly expanding and is positioned to be the next growth engine for Uber. The Uber for Business team builds products, services, and experiences that give organizations the power to run and grow their business through Uber's services. Over 100,000 businesses such as Salesforce, Goldman Sachs, Dell, Wunderman, Zillow Group, Adroll and more have enrolled into our programs. We are a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture; and have a wide breadth of work stemming from new product offerings such as Uber Health and Uber Central.
As a Backend Engineer on the Uber for Business team, you will build platforms, products, and services that target new audiences and high value scenarios. You will architect, build, launch, and improve products that touch the lives of millions of riders and patients globally.
Sounds awesome? Come join us and help fuel the future of transportation.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Need
* Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
* Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
* Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to thousands or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
* Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, AWS Dynamo)
* Experience in SOA or microservice architecture design
* Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.