At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Firmware Program Manager to manage and execute the firmware development process from concept to a production environment. Great judgment, a comprehensive understanding of firmware development and hardware development, and a passion for incredible customer experiences are critical traits for this role. The person in this role needs to be able to gather requirements from various stakeholders, create a cohesive plan and help the team execute.
Required for this role is a familiarity with Agile methodology as well as normal xVT hardware development. The firmware is an integral part of all of our JUMP products, and will be necessary for us to support proof-of-concept, xVT prototypes and validation testing, and ramping into production and deployment. In addition, this role requires strong communication skills, an ability to shepherd a cross-functional team through complex issues, and an ability to capture and create new process when needed.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* You are a bridge and a connector for the company
* You are intuitive, attentive, driven, organized, insightful and productive
* You work collaboratively to allow engineers to be better, faster and more informed
* You address communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
* You build trust across the organization
* You are not afraid to be passionate, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity
What You'll Need
* Minimum five years in the product development field - bonus for transportation, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products
* Experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects
* Strong writing skills
* An engineering degree or technical background
* Technical depth with experience in understanding technical designs, challenges and risks
* Analytical. Ability to understand complex concepts and make well-reasoned decisions with imperfect data
About the Team
We are looking for Program Managers who thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments. You understand from experience that every problem is unique and requires evaluating solutions from different perspectives.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.