At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The New Mobility team at Uber is building products to support newer forms of transportation on Uber's platform. These include Bikes and Scooters (under the JUMP brand and in partnership with other providers) as well as Transit, the NeMo Platform, and other newer products which are still under development.
We're looking for an experienced data science leader to lead and scale a global team addressing some of the hardest data problems related to these forms of transportation.
Your team of ~20 data scientists and product analysts will be partnering with Product and Engineering to advance actionable data insights and solutions from Uber's large datasets. We work on every aspect of the product - exploratory research to understand user behavior, running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, designing incentives to optimize the supply-demand balance in transportation marketplace, and developing machine learning models to recommend options to our users.
For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental impact on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Be a trusted advisor to the New Mobility leadership team
* Provide thought leadership in building the product road-map
* Recruit and lead a team of 15-20 including Managers, Data Scientists, and Analysts
* Align the team to tackle the highest-impact opportunities for Data Science
* Provide a fun and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation
What You'll Need
* Excellent educational background in a relevant technical field (e.g., machine learning, statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research)
* 10+ years experience in using analytics to improve consumer products
* 5+ years experience managing technical teams
* Outstanding communication and influencing skills
* Proficiency in SQL, coding, experimentation, statistics, and machine learning
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.