At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for security-minded software engineers who are passionate about building and defending. Our mission is to protect Uber's customers and data by integrating security into the basic engineering foundations of Uber.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
You'll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of the Uber Infrastructure. This infrastructure will run complex new services and it will operate at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
* Deliver high quality code that anticipates scale, reliability, monitoring, integration, and extensibility.
* Push the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure and networks
* Develop systems and processes to avoid and mitigate security issues by adapting security best practices to Uber's technical architecture
* Lead security awareness and security knowledge sharing with Engineering teams to foster a culture of security
What you'll need
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
* 4+ years of experience building substantial backend and frontend software products using web development, object oriented, database and distributed programming techniques. Preferred languages and frameworks: Golang, Java, React, Python, and SQL (MySQL), NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra).
* Experience with large-scale systems and network security across data centers, cloud hosting providers, and container ecosystems
* Solid foundational knowledge of security topics within distributed computing including Unix, DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP
* A passion for continuous improvement of yourself, your technical capabilities, and the capabilities of those around you
* Strong collaboration and communication skills to work with people from many different teams and when necessary drive alignment between them.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.