At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Senior iOS engineer, you will join the Privacy Engineering team who focus on the Privacy Product experience at Uber (Privacy Settings, Privacy Tools, Privacy Products & Privacy Systems)
As part of Privacy Engineering team, you will own the end to end experience on iOS rider and driver partners app and the Privacy related products. You will work on a daily basis in close collaboration with our product manager to define and deliver delightful features to continue to grow and expand the reach of the premium product line. Your focus will be balanced between releasing new features while keeping the quality bar high in term of engineering practices and overall app usability. You will also be participating in back-end systems that are needed to process your data based on the product design and needs.
Surrounded by engineers passionate about Privacy Engineering and in Java, Go, Android, iOS and computer science in general, you will exponentially grow your technical skills as well as have a huge impact on the overall business and millions of customers around the globe.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Own the end-to-end experience of Privacy Products on the iOS rider and driver partners application.
* Participate in the design and architecture (frontend and backend) of the experience that spans across multiple tiers of the Uber application.
* Work with product managers and designers to drive and finalize core user scenarios.
* Participate in ideating and planning the upcoming features the team will focus on.
* Work with data scientists and designers to understand customer behavior and how the product is performing.
* Help take Uber to the next level as a world class engineering team.
* Interview and coach new team members.
What You'll Need
* BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
* Native iOS development (swift and/or Objective C) and, ideally, Cocoa Touch Frameworks.
* Strong algorithm and CS skills.
* Excellent written/verbal communication and great team player.
* Good track record of delivering customer facing IOS application (ideally used by millions of people).
* Experience in working with agile methodology.
Bonus Points If
* Knowledge of RESTful Architecture/Networking, Application Health
* Monitoring and Analytics tools such as Sentry, Grafana, ELK
About the Team
* Security or privacy depth. You have knowledge and experience in approaches to securing user data and keeping it private. You have broad knowledge of integrating privacy principles in the systems and product design process.
* Privacy pragmatism. You have lofty ideals for user privacy and can apply them in a business environment. You're able to build and advocate for suitable security practices to enhance privacy.
* Expertise. You have experience with building and deploying high-tier internal infrastructure at scale. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You might have deep knowledge of privacy enhancing technologies, e.g. data anonymization or differential privacy.
* Architecture skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural advancements. You understand how architecture impacts privacy and security.
* Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the stack, you see how it all fits together and can navigate both typical and complex privacy pitfalls.
* Ability to learn on the go. You flourish with new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You can adapt to meet the needs of our massive scale, growth, and evolving business environment.
* Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's well implemented and tested. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
* A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team; that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement. You seek ways to mentor others and share your deep privacy expertise with the team.
* Design and business sense. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details results in a delightful user experience.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.