As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the development and verification of avionics FPGA-based HDL solutions for New Glenn. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of avionics FPGA-based HDL design, coding, verification, and integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* FPGA design and verification in a dynamic environment to produce spacecraft avionics hardware.
* Ownership for all phases of FPGA development flow (requirements definition, architecture, design, verification, synthesis, place & route, and timing closure, and release).
* Implement HDL design and verification blocks using Verilog / System Verilog.
* Bring-up and validate circuit boards and FPGAs in lab and production environments.
* Participate in design and architecture decisions for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and FPGA solution development.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related discipline with a digital design focus.
* 5+ years demonstrated FPGA/HDL design/verification work experience in Verilog (or VHDL).
* Experience developing FPGA solutions for embedded systems, including software and hardware integration.
* Self-motivated and independent, yet collaborative, individual contributor with strong interpersonal team skills; organizational and communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related discipline with a digital logic architecture and design focus.
* Experience with Riviera-Pro, Modelsim, or Questasim simulators and Synopsys tools for design. vendors: Microchip, Xilinx, and/or Altera.
* Experience with advanced verification techniques: Assertion-Based Verification, Universal Verification Methodology, and/or Constrained Random Verification.
* Familiarity with DO-178, DO-254 and/or other development assurance guidelines.
* Familiarity with sensors and instrumentation including accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure, and temperature sensors.
* Programming and scripting skills: C / C++; TCL, Python; and MATLAB/Simulink.
* Exposure to fault-tolerant, high-reliability, safety-critical, robust, radiation-tolerant FPGA-based solution development for space-based avionics systems.
* Exposure to control and/or signal processing solutions implemented on FPGAs.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.