As part of a small, passionate and accomplished advanced development team, you will develop software architectures and technology demonstrations and support hardware technology experiments. You will be responsible for creating new software architectures and proof of concept examples based on system studies or in support of proposals. Software development projects range from embedded systems to database schema to execution engines. You will be responsible for communicating the results of study projects to other software teams for potential inclusion in new projects and products. This position is an excellent opportunity to be on the leading edge of aerospace software development. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop software prototypes based on reference code or specifications.
* Analyze software usage examples to find appropriate software patterns.
* Board support package development for embedded platforms.
* Oversee development of rapid prototypes to prove out architecture/design concepts and quantify technical risks
* Integrate software from a wide range of sources/languages for deployment to embedded hardware targets
* Performance characterization and profiling of software executing on target hardware with focus on CPU/memory bandwidth
* Leading and mentoring other software engineers within and outside the team
* Plan and manage project schedules, resources, and infrastructure
* M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
* 5+ yrs software development in C, C++, and Python.
* Ability to ramp quickly on a new language and develop using native constructs.
* Linux software development experience (user space, and kernel development).
* Experience with revision control tools and their deployment (git, svn, etc...).
* Ability to work and thrive with dynamic and changing teams on diverse projects.
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Advanced graduate degree in relevant engineering or other related discipline.
* Experience with high reliability software development (DO-178B and the like).
* Database schema design and performance tuning with a focus on time series databases (InfluxDB).
* Experience with functional programming languages.
* Experience doing design/test of aerospace software in a high reliability environment.
* 2+ years MATLAB and Simulink development experience.
* Autonomy and sequencing tools/techniques.
* Proposal development and project execution planning for software development and prototyping.
* Solid system engineering and configuration management skills.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.