As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts on the system definition and design team, the O&M System Engineer is responsible for the maintenance development, management and sustainment across the New Glenn System. The O&M Systems Engineer will be responsible to develop, coordinate and manage the integrated system operations for all ground and flight elements. Efforts include working closely with the Mission Operations and design leads for respective ground, flight, and autonomy system groups. This effort includes the updates of system-level databook products for Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and Operability and Maintenance (O&M). This position will have direct impact on launch system re-usability that will require dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe, sustainable and repeatable spaceflight.
* Lead Operability and Maintenance (O&M) design process definition and work with Chief Engineers, element configurators, and maintenance stakeholders to ensure design and processes are established to support rapid turnaround with instilled working principles for human integration, accessibility, serviceability and operability of a reusable flight system
* Develop and coordinate maintenance tasks requirements with element configurators for flight hardware, ground systems and support equipment
* Coordinate with Mission Operations and Manufacturing & Test to optimize usage of support equipment for transportation, handling, test and servicing
* Coordinate with System Architecture avionics design on development of the Master Equipment List (MEL) to alert Mission Operations of pending maintenance actions during refurbishment
* Support FMEA and safety hazard analyses with focused emphasis to define maintenance tasks, schedule planned maintenance, spare management and configuration control
* Primary author for the O&M Databook to summarize case study results, structural maintenance approaches, maintenance requirement collector worksheet, and product definitions for the integrated enterprise system
* Support development of the integrated enterprise system as the primary focal of O&M requirements and processes
* Contributing author to the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Databook to maintain system architectural design for system analyses, element design and mission operations
* Evaluate and establish verification strategies with System Verification group for selected system design
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
* 10+ years industry experience in aerospace system design and ground system operations
* Work experience with FAA and/or military airworthiness certification process and structured maintenance programs
* Demonstrated experience to develop and manage processes for rapid mission turnaround and controls of logistics delays to achieve high system availability
* Strong systems engineering with special emphasis in Operability & Maintenance (O&M) engineering, Reliability & System Safety (R&SS) engineering, and logistics management
* Demonstrated experience using statistical analysis for predictive maintenance and reliability
* Strong leadership skills to direct collaboration between product design teams, maintainers, and ground operators for a highly-operable system
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* 15+ years industry experience in aerospace and/or aircraft maintenance
* Demonstrated experience with ground operations, logistics and ground system maintenance
* Ability to develop analytical models of system design solutions
* Experience in the development of system engineering products such as requirements, interface control documents, and verification reports
* Work experience on DOORS Next Generation (DNG) software
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.