As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, building and continuously improving a state-of-the-art core infrastructure system that would allow us to launch and land rockets faster, cheaper and better. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of enabling everyone around you to go faster. Together, our team develops the software tools and deployment pipeline that enables us to deliver safe and well-tested software to our vehicles. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Work on the platform upon which all of our flight software is built, tested, and deployed
* Develop tooling up and down the stack from high-level web UIs to embedded software
* Actively identify and eliminate issues by implementing robust software and hardware solutions
* Automate and test everything, make it fast, and make it scale
* Continuously improve our internal infrastructure, tools, and processes
* Integrate commercial, open-source, and custom solutions across our platform
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop tools and workflows supporting advanced spaceflight systems
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make things better
* Apply continuous integration not just to our tools but also to our processes
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* 3+ years of software development experience
* Strong software development skills, particularly in Python, C/C++, or C#/Java
* Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with Linux, Docker, Jenkins, REST APIs, databases, networks, compiler toolchains, scripting languages, and source code management systems
* Experience with unit testing and test driven development
* Experience with DevOps
* Experience with Agile / Scrum Experience with Docker
* Experience with real-time embedded and/or safety-critical software development
* Basic knowledge of packaging archives such as .deb and .rpm package archives
* Working knowledge of Configuration Management concepts such as GIT workflows, versioning, branching
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.