As a member of an elite and fast-moving Security Team the Security Operations Center (SOC) - Security Analyst will provide dedicated monitoring, analysis and hands-on triage of security threats and risks.
HubSpot's Security Team develops the ideas, approach, and responses to keeping our customers & employees safe. As the SOC Analyst, you will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of HubSpot's security environment. You will perform the initial triage & response for security events, as well as manage escalation and reporting of events of interest based on guidelines and runbooks provided. You will analyze and respond to events related to the full technology stack used by HubSpot employees and products.
You will be successful at HubSpot if you're a highly enthusiastic security operations analyst. So if you are passionate about securing stuff at scale, we are excited to use your skills.
In this role, you'll get to:
* Monitoring & analysis of cyber security events from sources like SIEM, network and web application firewalls, EDR/AV, NAC
* Incident Response (IR) activities, including investigating and escalating security events
* Working with multidisciplinary teams and helping to improve protection processes
* Providing initial response to security events like content filtering access requests, building security alerts, phishing emails and other social engineering attempts
* Collaborating with other members of the Security team to perform root cause analysis and post-incident improvements
* Responding to internal and external customer security questions
* Building, managing and maintaining tools like SIEM, endpoint protection products, vulnerability scanners, security tools, network tools and IT tools.
* Maintaining, enhancing and contributing to the documentation around tools, processes & procedures
* Interfacing with technical personnel and other teams as required
* Think outside the box. Find ways to improve our current process and dream big on anything we do to lower the needs for human intervention and drive new automation tasks on our routines.
* A general aptitude for problem solving. Above all, we value a Get [Stuff] Done attitude.
We are looking for people who:
* Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls and Endpoint Protection technologies in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment is are a plus
* BS or equivalent in an information technology related field (BSCS, BSEE, BSMIS), hands-on experience in the security operations field or similar IT role
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment and multitask daily as the Security Operations Center is the first stop for all Security or customer requests.
* IT and/or Security certifications are a plus
Please note this role covers our third shift and requires that you work 3PM - 11PM during the week on-site in Cambridge.
If you're excited about pushing your current experience to its limits and rapidly expanding the kinds of security initiatives you've previously been involved with - we want to talk to you!
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we'd love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world's small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We're headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of your personal information.
HubSpot is a company that develops a cloud-based marketing and sales software platform.