Essence, part of GroupM, is a data-driven global agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As the Associate Analyst - Analytics, you will help the Analytics team in being accountable for quantifying and measuring the success of our executions and for delivering insights that enable us to innovate the work we deliver at Essence.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Build a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help account teams build comprehensive measurement, and test & learn plans
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools. Managing the process through to delivery and take ownership of global roll out
- Recruit, manage and mentor analytical resource, ensuring the efficient flow of work through the team, the timely delivery of high-quality outputs and their continuing development as professionals
- Lead the creation of clear, robust and thought-provoking campaign reviews and insights
- Work with Account teams to help define the correct questions to get under the skin of campaign performance and then interrogate data sources to deliver the answers
- To help deliver “best in class” analytical capabilities across the agency with the wider analytics team, including the use of new methods, techniques, tools and systems
- Develop innovative marketing campaigns and assist clients to define objectives
A bit about yourself:
- Degree / equivalent experiences in applied quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or CS).
- Hands-on Experience with statistical software packages (R, SPlus), programming languages (SQL, Python) and experience with statistical models for multivariate testing, time series analysis, logistic regression and linear/non-linear regression.
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning is preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of popular ad serving technologies and supporting analytical and research tools (Doubleclick, Atlas, comScore, Compete, etc.)
- Ability to communicate your findings effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to use the story to create new analytical products or change an existing product in a way that improves company goals and metrics.
- Knowledge of the data science lifecycle - acquiring data from different sources, exploratory data analysis, creating and optimizing modes including validation and interpretation, and finally onward communication of results in a clear and succinct fashion.
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world.