About Press Ganey
Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement more than 30 years ago. Today, Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge digital platform built on a foundation of data security, Press Ganey solutions address safety, clinical excellence, patient experience and workforce engagement. The company works with more than 33,000 health care facilities in its mission to reduce patient suffering and enhance caregiver resilience to improve the overall safety, quality and experience of care.
Press Ganey currently has an exciting opportunity for a(n) UI Developer in our Chicago, IL office. This role will support the Patient Satisfaction team.
* UI Technologies
* Angular 2 or higher, Typescript, Ngrx
* Middle Tier (nice to haves)
* NodeJS, C#
* Database (nice to haves)
* SQL, Cosmos DB
Duties & Responsibilities:
* The primary responsibilities of the Software Developer are to design, develop, support, and maintain software applications.
* Consult with other team members to provide User Interface or Business Intelligence technical direction and support in design, development, and implementation.
* Work with other members of project teams to develop project requirements, site concepts, interface design, and architecture; to ensure applications are developed according to specifications.
Designs Software Applications
* Design user interfaces and application architecture across the client facing applications for all Press Ganey applications.
* Performs Systems Analysis and Design, prepares functional specifications and technical specifications for applications or systems.
* Insures compliance and recommends change, if necessary, in standards, policies or processes. Coordinates closely with the User Experience team to align applications with UX standards.
* Develops test plans / unit tests for software applications.
Implements Software Applications
* Follows and updates the design specifications as needed.
* Produces supporting documentation.
* Prepares work for inclusion in the release/deployment management process.
* Assists technical leads in code reviews and provides insight and feedback for improvement.
Supports Software Applications
* Troubleshoots problems identified by users.
* Creates installation, troubleshooting, and end user documentation.
* Provides support and follow-up for issues.
Analytical & Problem Solving
* Modifies current approaches
* Analyzes strengths and weaknesses of current approaches.
* Recognizes when a new approach is needed.
* Takes calculated risks
* Makes decisions based on risk analysis and recognizes when to ask for guidance.
* Makes decisions by interpreting rules
* Makes straight-forward decisions based on information that is generally clear and adequate.
* Makes decisions involving minor consequence of error.
* Analyzes and understands information for tasks
* Breaks down concrete issues into parts and synthesizes succinctly.
* Fosters two-way communication
* Maintains continuous open and consistent communication with others.
* Supports messages with relevant data, information, examples and demonstrations.
Leadership & Organizational
* Works within formal structure and understands culture
* Effectively uses formal channels for acquiring information, assistance and accomplishing work goals.
* Adapts rationale to influence others
* Can describe and anticipate the effect of one's approach on the emotions and sensitivities of others.
* Shares expertise with others
* Regularly shares expertise with team members to support continuous learning and improvement.
* Demonstrates personal work alignment with strategy and vision
* Continually evaluates personal progress and actions to ensure alignment with organizational vision and operational goals. Modifies behavior as needed.
Self-Management & Development
* Seeks to improve personal effectiveness in current situation
* Takes advantage of learning opportunities. Integrates new learning into work methods.
* Adjusts to temporary peaks in stress levels
* Maintains composure when dealing with short but intense stressful situations.
* Keeps issues and situations in perspective and reacts appropriately.
* Applies planning principles to achieve work goals
* Practices and plans for contingencies to deal with unexpected events or setbacks.
* Recognizes needed adjustments to timelines, steps and resource allocation.
* Consistently meets established expectations
* Consistently achieves established expectations through personal commitment.
* Fosters teamwork
* Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints. Acknowledges the work of others.
* Adapts one's work to a situation
* With guidance, adapts personal approach to meet the needs of different or new situations.
* Identifies and understands conflict
* Recognizes conflict between two or more parties and evaluates and understands the conflict.
* Brings conflict to the attention of the appropriate individual(s) and evaluates possible solutions.
* Education/training equivalent of 4-year college program
* Minimum of 1 to 3 years related experience
About Press Ganey
Transforming the patient experience through integrated data, advanced analytics and strategic advisory services.