Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
This position is for an engineer to program, maintain, and train others on Avaya Partner, Avaya IPO, Nortel BCM50, Nortel MICS, Nortel CICS PBX systems. This individual will be responsible for programming and training of small to medium Avaya installations as well as troubleshooting Avaya / Nortel related issues on existing customer systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Program Avaya phone systems to be deployed to customer sites
* Data Collection with the customer and Granite PM for programming criteria
* Conduct turn-up calls with granite techs in the field
* Conduct training for end users remotely
* Assist technicians troubleshooting existing Avaya / Nortel systems at Granite customer premises
* Industry references
* Programming experience
* 5-10 years Avaya/ Nortel Experience
* Remote troubleshooting experience
* 4 year college degree
* Additional PBX certifications : Samsung, Mitel, Toshiba, Panasonic, Intertel, NEC
* Networking experience: A+, CCNA
* Structured Cabling Knowledge: Cat5, Cat6, Fiber
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.