Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,900 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
General Summary of Position:
Granite Telecommunications has an immediate need for a Database Administrator to join our fast growing organization. Qualified candidates should have database administration experience with SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS. The right candidate will also have experience in delivering enterprise grade solutions to support transactional and analytical systems for large volumes of data. This position offers a great opportunity to work with the latest database technologies.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a member of a team. You must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization. For more company information, visit our website at www.granitenet.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installing and upgrading SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and related application tools
* Perform backup and restoration of databases
* Monitor space, availability, and performance
* Maintain Oracle and SQL Server system security
* Work closely with development team to optimize queries and processes
* Implement and maintenance replication and data integration in a heterogeneous environment
* Maintain documentation related to the database configuration, data flow, replication, data transformation and architecture
* Forecast storage and resource requirements for the database systems
* Automate day to day tasks
* Refresh user acceptance testing (UAT), development, and other environments when necessary
* Evaluate SQL server/Oracle features and related products
* Present ideas or thoughts that would benefit Granite Telecommunications
* Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
* 2-5 years of database administration experience
* Experience with SQL Server 2014+
* Experience with Oracle 12c
* Experience with backup and restore
* T-SQL and PL/SQL programming experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent documentation and organizational skills
* Bachelor's Degree
* Shell scripting
* Oracle and/or SQL Server certifications
* Microsoft Team Foundation Server
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled North American coverage, Granite is the leading corporate phone service provider to multi-location companies through our scalable solutions, customized to manage all your local, regional and national locations.