Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Seeking a highly skilled Fortinet Firewall Engineer who thrives on supporting diverse environments while delivering superb customer service. This position will include designing, planning and provisioning new environments, supporting existing customers, capacity planning and handling escalations from our NOC team.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to support Granite's customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and emerging business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams as a fully seasoned and proficient security solutions engineer, in providing best in class firewall/JPS/AV and web filtering solutions that align to meet customer requirements.
* Candidate will be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills, a proven track record interacting with customers and technical team members in delivering best in class security solutions to our customers.
* Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software
* Develop and document in frastructure support policies and guidelines.
* Monitor trends and recommend future architecture strategies and road maps.
* Educate and mentor IT support staff as needed, including requisite training on technology and governance.
* Research and stay current on security best practices and function as a subject matter expert in this area.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree. An additional 4 years can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
* Expertise with Fo1iinet Firewalls.
* 4 years of networking experience.
* 4 years networksecurity experience.
* Hands-on experience with Internet protocols, packet capture and analysis, SSH, TLS/SSL and vulnerability assessment tools.
* Expertise in modifying firewall rule sets, troubleshooting issues by studying network traffic flows, lock down an application, troubleshooting firewall problems in a service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations.
* Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and a comprehensive knowledge of IP networking and network security including encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs , MPLSN PN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS.
* Experience with Cisco routers and switches, and a good understanding of IP subnetting and routing such OSPF and BGP.
* Familiar with industry standard security best practices (PCI, SOX, HIPAA)
* Problem Solving - must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
* Self-Motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and high level of integrity.
* Strong written and verbal communication, as well as organization and documentation skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Fortinet NSE 4 or higher
* Cisco CCNA
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.