Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite is seeking a Front End developer focusing on web UI design with aspiration to build solutions that are elegant, beautiful, and state of art web sites. The ideal candidate will love to learn and work with leading-edge technologies, enjoy taking on big challenges, understanding the priorities, and getting the job done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Create innovative, attractive, pixel-perfect functional user experiences for our corporate website. Contribute to the UI development, with compelling visual designs, of Granite's next generation web based Enterprise Solution. Work with Granite's Development Team and Business Analysts. Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise.
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop
* Exceptional knowledge of graphic design principles, layout, typography, color and branding is required
* Experience with image optimization, web accessibility standards, debugging, design and development standards, and cross-platform testing
* Deep understanding of interactive user experience (UX) disciplines including user interface (UI) in web
* Ability to create graphics, icons, animations and other visual assets for UI development
* Ability to create UX design documents including wireframes, sitemaps, design concepts, mockups and prototypes.
* Experience with responsive design and working for mobile devices
* Knowledge of Angular JS and AJAX
* Experience with .NET applications
* Experience using Team Foundation Server for source control
* Experience with raster and vector graphics
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.