UX, CX, UI, IA, OMG! We don't care what you call yourself. What matters is that you are a designer obsessed with the emotional and functional aspects of user experiences you help create.
At American Express, the UX Designer wears a lot of hats. You need to be a user experience expert, closeted product designer, curious visionary, mobile master, and a trusted team player all rolled into one. You will join a growing Commercial design team that works with product partners to develop innovative solutions that work across a variety of digital touch-points. You will be the user advocate from concept to launch, understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into digital experiences.
Ideally, you are a problem solver with a passion for translating complex problems into elegant design solutions. Is that you? If so, keep reading.
What you'll be responsible for:
* Delivering future-thinking, customer-focused designs
* Providing the user experience perspective to American Express product partners
* Helping ideate and create innovative concepts that meet the product's business objectives and requirements while helping our customers achieve their goals
* Understanding of an agile, collaborative process and how to execute when the time comes
* Speaking multiple "languages" while working closely with creative, product, business, strategy and tech from intake to launch and beyond - this means being able to see the big picture, and figure out the small details simultaneously
* Working collaboratively with different senior designers on multiple projects
* Ensuring quality and consistency of UX deliverables including developing site maps, process flows, wireframes, functional specifications; preparing and conducting user validation and/or usability testing sessions and other forms of qualitative and quantitative customer research; and developing user profiles, personas and scenarios
* 2 years of experience designing digital interfaces
* Has been the design key contributor on several major enterprise-level web site projects, from start to finish
* Shows examples of user experience documentation on several major enterprise-level web site development efforts
* Experience in information design, interface design, flowcharting, storyboarding, human factors or human computer interaction and usability
* Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across large organizations
* Knowledge of current digital technologies and interactive capabilities across devices
* Thrive in a delivery-focused environment
* Able to work independently in product pods or within a larger group and proactively looks to socialize and review work
* Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
* Prefers sketching first, computer later
* Have a current understanding of responsive design, mobile interfaces and content management systems
* Be well read in the masters: Krug, Morville/Rosenfeld, Cooper, Nielsen, etc.
* Have strong computer skills and firm grasp of Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Sketch, Omnigraffle), the Microsoft Office product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.