We are looking for an individual that will be an essential contributor, supporting our company needs throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle. You will work closely with our mobile and server team members in a fun and open atmosphere developing cutting-edge libraries to be hosted within our customers' mobile applications. Candidate must have multiple years of experience in application development. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a challenge and can take ownership of the project. The position is on-site at our Santa Monica location. We have an office a few blocks from the beach and we offer a fun, relaxed work environment.
* Contribute to our core product, which is an SDK. Our product is a library only and therefore does not have a User Interface component
* Our engineers participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle, so responsibilities include every aspect from requirements gathering to implementation and testing to documentation and maintenance
* Work closely with our Professional Services team to ensure smooth integration at customer sites
* Work closely with our iOS mobile team and our Server team to implement new features
* Design and position our technologies and capabilities to address the ever-changing security and mobile landscapes
* At least 4 years of C or C language experience is required * At least 5 years of Java experience is required * Familiarity with security principles, Cryptography and Data Encryption * Experience building and deploying apps to the Play Store * Passion for software engineering, mobile security, and writing clean, maintainable code * Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle hard problems with little technical direction or oversight * Have fun - but get the job done. We adhere to the "Work hard, play hard" philosophy and want a teammate that is the same * Be comfortable working in a nebulous environment and under tight deadlines * We want your ideas - be able to think outside of the box! * Be able to take ownership/responsibility of your tasks
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a multinational financial services corporation.