Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
The American Express Intelligent Automation team is building an innovative enterprise automation platform that will increase the productivity of our colleagues. If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join our team. We will be building a platform using JVM technologies (mainly Java) that will utilize Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) , Business Process Management (BPM), and other innovative technology across the American Express enterprise.
You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company. American Express has a tremendous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. The highly visible team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity.
* Build and providing leadership for a high-performance team of software engineers
* Develop and own an enterprise software platform
* Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
* Creating a strong technical foundation; able to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
* Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies to American Express.
* Challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
* Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups)
* Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
* Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint application development, etc.
* Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
* 10 years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
* Demonstrated experience leading a team of Engineers.
* Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
* Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organization and prioritization skills.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process
* Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team
* Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.