There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
You won't just shape the world of software.
You'll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business-critical capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Focus areas would be Event, Incident, Problem and Knowledge Management and should be well versed in DevOps. Colleagues should also be focused performance optimization, availability and continuity planning.
Service Assurance Engineer is responsible for providing Service Assurance for business-critical applications and utilities and will report to Service Delivery Director or Sr. Service Assurance Engineer.
* Service Assurance * Liaise between Global Infrastructure, collaborate with development and partner interfacing/business teams. * Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events. * Drive Problem resolution and create user stories. * Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time. * Effectively lead a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process. * Function as member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies. * Provides monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer. * Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc. * Monitor and measure accuracy of inbound data feeds, data conditioning processes and work with Engineering leaders to identify and drive resolution of quality gaps.
* Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration. * Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals. * Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Scope of Impact/Influence:
* Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys. * May be assigned to handle different functions (Command Center, Bridge Management, etc.) within the Organization.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience.
* Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated. * Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues. * ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management. * Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud.
* Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc. * Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency. * DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure * Building live production APIs and services. * Experience with automation development. * Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods. * Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
High Performing Behaviors:
* Strategic and innovative mindset, with the desire to act quickly, think critically, challenge the status quo, create innovative solutions, and drive transformation. * Keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry. Recognizes opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities and strategic initiatives. * Demonstrates collaboration internally and externally to achieve objective * Clearly communicates ideas, concepts and feedback to influence other Engineering teams on continual improvement initiatives. * Mentors and guides junior team members to succeed within the team. * Practical experience in doing both written and verbal communication effectively to multiple levels within the organization. * Research and review data mining/analysis activities to provide measurable contribution that support Customer Journeys. With a focus on data driven stewardship for customer experience and service performance. * Effectively lead a bridge and escalations as part of a larger incident management process.
* Deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and components * ITIL processes knowledge: Event, Incident, Change, Problem Management and Knowledge Management. * Experience with identifying Application / Infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated * Lead and Implement plans for disaster recovery, high availability, issue mitigation, contingency, and security as needed * Develop custom automation in order to streamline support processes.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.