PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Primary Job Duties: Factory and assembly line IT support, and back office support. Troubleshooting, escalating or resolving first and second level IT incident reports. Working IT service requests. Ensuring that all incident and service requests follow documented service level agreements for response and resolution.
Hardware and software: Support Dell PCs, mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Surface Tablets and Windows Mobile/ Windows CE data collection devices. Peripheral device support including HP network printers, barcode printers, barcode scanners, network time clocks, LCD monitors, and other USB attached hardware.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Desktop Support - providing 1nd and 2rd break-fix support in resolving technical problems related to hardware and software on desktop pcs in manufacturing, office, and remote office environment.
* Execute assigned project tasks on desktop pc in conjunction with local and corporate IT initiatives.
* Work with third party software providers and corporate IT to fulfill software and hardware requirements for desktop pc and laptops.
* Document, review, and publish support procedures that address key IT systems and functions and processes that will be used by IT employees to install, remediate, and support desktop pcs.
* Actively monitor unresolved incident reports and service requests to meet or exceed service level agreements
* Participate in reviews and discussions of IT standards and procedures.
* Perform analysis of IT business systems linked to key indicators to insure compliancy to corporate standards.
* Build and deploy desktop pcs and hardware in conjunction with corporate IT pc refresh initiatives.
* Adhere to infrastructure change control in accordance with corporate IT change management.
* Provide support to business and manufacturing process during off-shift, off hours, and weekend support
Experience and Skills
* Minimum of 5 years IT years experience in supporting desktop pcs, notebooks, printers, and monitors utilizing Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
* Good organization skills
* Experience utilizing technologies in a Microsoft domain such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft ForeFront Endpoint Protection, Active Directory, MS Office 2010 - 2016, Microsoft SharePoint
* Problem solving knowledge covering a wide breath of IT Desktop Systems including: Dell Precision Workstation, Dell Optiplex Desktop, Dell Latitude Notebook, and Virtual Machines.
* Understanding of following : TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, PXE, 802.11x, Bluetooth,
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision in critical uptime manufacturing setting.
Education and Certification
* Required: High School Diploma
* Preferred: Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems. Microsoft Certification. A+ Certification or Network + Certification
* Preferred: Dell Hardware Certification on Desktops and Notebooks.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Help Desk, Information Technology, Technical Support, Developer, Information Systems, Technology
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.