Vonage Customer Care Mission: We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.
Why this role matters
Vonage Technical Support Engineering works with field engineers, technicians and product support personnel who diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex systems and equipment. We are part of the team ensuring that Vonage customers get the functionality and reliability they expect and demand. The Technical Support Engineer II provides engineering support to a broad range of clients and/or multiple product areas.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
* Receive and respond to escalated customer requests within an assigned client base or product area; ensuring first call resolution.
* Engage with customers to understand business objectives and network / product requirements.
* Handle a variety of complex issues dealing with various platforms, operating systems, applications, inbound / outbound calling, caller ID, calling features, etc.
* Work with technical and engineering colleagues to diagnose, understand and resolve network and voice engineering issues.
* Document customer issues, progress and status.
* Follow up with customers to ensure ongoing high levels of satisfaction.
* Monitor customer support metrics to identify trends, recurring issues and levels of customer satisfaction.
* Take ownership with internal and external stakeholders to define and resolve systemic issues, develop product enhancements and workarounds.
* Recommend and support implementation of process improvement initiatives.
What you will bring
* In-depth experience with SIP, TCP/IP and similar multimedia technologies and protocols.
* Advanced understanding of the telecommunications and SaaS industry sectors.
* Understanding of developer tools and languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Node, Java).
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to:
* Multitask, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Quickly respond to customer inquiries, requests and issues.
* Communicate technical, process and business information in language easily understood by diverse audiences.
* Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to voice protocols.
What is required for application
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Prior experience (5+ years) in a technical support or related role.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Tech Support Engineer
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.