Vonage Customer Care Mission: We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.
Why this role matters
Vonage Technical Support Engineering works with remote hands field engineers, technical support agents, product support personnel, and Vonage network architecture engineers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair complex systems and equipment. We are part of the team ensuring that Vonage customers get the functionality and reliability they expect and demand. The Technical Support Engineer I provides Customer Care engineering support to a broad range of clients and/or multiple product areas.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
* Work with technical and engineering colleagues to diagnose and resolve IP network, voice network, and SaaS issues.
* Document customer issues, troubleshooting status updates, and resolution summaries.
* Coordinate, execute, and document testing that may include vendors, end users, or staff as requested by Operational personnel.
* Investigate large scale production impairments and conduct defect analysis upon request.
* Follow up with customers to ensure ongoing high levels of satisfaction.
* Take ownership with internal and external stakeholders to define and resolve systemic issues, develop product enhancements and workarounds.
* Recommend and support the implementation of process improvement initiatives.
* Receive and respond to escalated customer requests within an assigned client base or product area.
* Engage with customers to understand business objectives and network / product requirements.
* Handle a variety of complex issues dealing with various platforms, operating systems, applications, inbound / outbound calling, caller ID, calling features, etc.
* Serve as the senior technical subject matter expert for Customer Care teams.
What you will bring
* In-depth experience with SIP, TCP/IP and similar multimedia technologies and protocols.
* Technically relevant certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) Linux, SIP, Security, etc
* Advanced knowledge and experience with network troubleshooting including LAN/WAN, Routers, PBX, Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP.
* Advanced understanding of the telecommunications service provider and SaaS industry sectors.
* Experience with consultation and design of small business to enterprise networks.
* Understanding of developer tools and languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Node, Java).
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to:
* Multitask, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
* Quickly respond to customer inquiries, requests and issues.
* Communicate technical, process, and business information in language easily understood by diverse audiences.
* Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to the Vonage suite.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic troubleshooting environment.
What is required for application
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Prior experience (5+ years) in progresive skill development technical support roles.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Technical Support Engineer II
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.