The Advanced Operations Technician II supports Vonage customers technical issues, reported via the trouble ticketing system and email. The Advanced Operations Technician is also responsible for taking ownership of both external and internal parties to define and resolve systemic issues, product enhancements and workarounds.
Essential Job Functions
* Determine systemic and device related issues
* Ensure first call resolution for each escalated issue
* Respond swiftly to customer facing issues; holding each at the same priority
* Maintain a minimum Ticket Completion Ratio of 50-60%
* Achieve a Customer Resolution quota of greater than 1.75 TPH (Tickets Per Hour)
* Achieve Daily MTTR of 1.25 hours
* Quality Assurance rating should meet or exceed 85%
* Handle customer calling escalations with a variety of complex technical issues. Investigate call impairments related to various platforms, operating systems, and applications for all segments
* Investigate and resolve ordering lifecycle issues utilizing SalesForce and other related applications
* Perform thorough investigation of billing disputes related to Call Duration, International Calling, recurring monthly service charges, etc.
* Perform analysis, notification and trending of ticket escalation dispositions
* Work closely with Internal Vonage Groups (Application Engineering, Carrier Relations, Device Development and Certification, NOC, OSS and Product Development) to coordinate efforts in identifying systemic issues, product enhancements and workarounds
* Must be able to multitask and work projects/daily assignments with minimal supervision
* Handle internal issues related to office phone equipment
* Experience with home to small business networks including but not limited to routers, switches, hubs, PC, and 3rd party hardware configuration is required.
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.)
* Working knowledge of key technologies: SIP, RTP, TCP/IP, basic Linux/Unix Commands, SQL scripting required
* Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and determine best course of action to correctly resolve customer and system related issues
* Advanced knowledge of call center applications such as SalesForce, and JIRA
* Must have a high level of technical knowledge and the ability to handle large scale issues
* Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to function in an organization that continually develops process and procedures, and accepted thinking to improve performance
* This individual must have a strong strategic thinking capacity, effective communication skills and a proven track record of building and maintaining multiple effective partnerships
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required)
* Basic Shell, Perl, or PHP scripting is a plus
* Basic understanding of programming language (html, java, C++ ) are a plus
* Working knowledge of key technologies: BGP and SS7 are a plus
* Experience with Enterprise networks is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience is a plus
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.