AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Team
In the Customer Engineering team, we help our customers operate our software and maximize their return on investment. You may find yourself educating customers on best practices, understanding and helping satisfy their use cases, identifying solutions to address those use cases, knowing when to escalate to the next level when no solutions can be found and we need product fixes or enhancements. The ability to think fast on your feet, come up with answers that help address product limitations, and staying calm while under pressure is vital for success in this role. We help some of the largest enterprises in the world tame their software engineering and Ops infrastructure and are looked at as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Provide superior software support via email, phone, or other media to Appdynamics' customers, answer their questions regarding product usage or features, and identify and document product problems as they appear
* Resolve problems reported by customers in a timely manner and escalate problems whose solutions require additional context or insights to the next level of the customer engineering team
* File bugs when appropriate, and communicate your findings on them in a clear/comprehensive manner
* Be unafraid to learn new tools and technologies as they are developed or adopted by the Customer Engineering team
* Collaborate across teams or disciplines to solve problems
* Work a flexible schedule in a 24/7/365 support environment
* Can work with ambiguity and come up with creative solutions
* Have broad experience with web technologies and are competent with one or more of the following development environments: Java, .Net, PHP, Ruby, Python, & Node
* Any experience with Unix/Linux and/or basic networking commands will be helpful
* Understanding of HTTP/S and API-driven software development is a bonus
* Some understanding of RDMSs including writing simple SQL queries
* Any exposure to NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra, hBase, Mongo, etc. is a plus
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.