AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
AppDynamics is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help us scale up as our company continues to grow. TPMs are focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver the AppDynamics product portfolio to our customers at scale.
You have proven experience as a technical program manager, excited about the opportunity to be part of a high-performing team that is integral to product planning and development. You will bring to bear your passion for driving large, technical programs from end to end. You would be inspired in bringing cross-functional teams together to accomplish program objectives. You thrive in a hands-on environment and seek ownership of large, critical projects. We're looking for people who enjoy designing solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
* Work closely with teams comprised of engineers, product managers, and designers, CS, Legal, SaaS Ops and play a critical role in the planning of programs to ensure the timely delivery of quality products and features.
* Leverage technical & program management skills to build comprehensive plans, identify risks, and ensure smooth releases.
* Actively help cross functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
* Serve as the Product organization's connective tissue for the end-to-end product planning and development process
* Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality.
* Leverage servant leadership techniques to influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a matrixed environment
* 7+ years of applicable product delivery experience in a scaled agile environment, preferably for a large company responsible for managing enterprise-level programs with cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated proficiency in working with product, UX, operations, and engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features from inception to deployment.
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of modern program management methodologies.
* Experience with agile methodologies particularly Scrum, Scrum at Scale, and Large Scale Scrum
* Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Portfolio/Confluence)
* Experience with CI/CD best practices/methodologies and CI/CD platforms (Bamboo/Jenkins/TeamCity) is a plus
* Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.