AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software powered world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that improve customer engagement and improve operational and business results. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Team:
Our close-knit product management team guides the building of new products at AppDynamics. We work with our customers, sales teams, designers and engineers to develop products that delight our customers and advance our strategic goals. We listen, we bring people together, we build consensus out of ambiguity and we pay attention to the details to ensure quality. We lead as problem-solvers and build a deeply technological product with some of the world's best technical and creative people to solve our customers' toughest challenges.
About the role:
AppD's customers depend on us to keep their tier-1, revenue-generating applications working smoothly for their end-users. At the same time, AppD is a large product running at high scale with many teams contributing. As AppD has grown, it's become harder to ensure a simple, consistent, and enterprise-grade experience across our product areas and across our SaaS and on-premises deployments. We are solving this by building shared infrastructure that solves common deployment, scalability, reliability, and security problems in a common way.
As the product manager for product infrastructure, you will work closely with SaaS and on-premises customers, field teams, ops engineers, infrastructure engineers, and architects, to understand the pain points, constraints, and goals of these different stakeholders and balance them into an infrastructure roadmap that advance's AppD's business goals.
* Meet with customers and internal stakeholders to understand and prioritize problems around deployment, administration, scalability, reliability, and security, then collaborate with engineering and design to define the solution, down to the user stories and acceptance criteria.
* Scrub and prioritize the infrastructure backlog, triage inbound requests, and become the point person for internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensure effective delivery by running early access programs, creating enablement collateral, and evangelizing to field teams and customers.
* Write and evangelize uniform customer experience guidelines and adoption of shared infrastructure across AppD's product management and engineering organizations.
* Modularity: How can we enable our developers to continue the migration to microservices without compromising reliability, operability, performance, cost-effectiveness, or security?
* Agile On-Prem: Our on-prem platform is a vertically-scaled J2EE application. In SaaS, we've seen huge improvements in scale, resiliency, and developer agility by migrating to microservices. How can we bring those benefits to on-prem customers while navigating enterprise constraints to minimize customer disruption?
* FedRAMP: How can we obtain this certification and gain access to the massive federal SaaS market?
* You are passionate about making life simple for developers and operators, to accelerate AppD's ability to innovate and our customers' ability to adopt AppD.
* You may be an engineer looking to move into PM, or a PM who has worked with highly technical products.
* Must have personal experience with popular modern infrastructure technologies like public cloud, configuration management, deployment/orchestration tools, load balancers, databases, etc.
* Nice to have: experience doing PM for enterprise SaaS and on-prem customers, bringing a baseline level of knowledge about common customer expectations.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
* State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station.
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward them to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.