AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Team
Our close-knit Platform Product Management team helps envision and build highly scalable, reliable, secure and flexible AppIQ platform. We work with our customers, sales teams, designers and engineers to develop a data platform that delights our customers and advances our strategic goals. We listen, we bring people together, we build consensus out of ambiguity and we pay attention to the details to ensure quality. We lead as problem-solvers and build a cutting edge data platform with some of the world's best technical and creative people to solve our customers' toughest challenges.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager help us build and evolve our world-class horizontally scalable and flexible Appdynamics data platform. It is at the core of every product offering at AppDynamics as it helps model, store and access the data at scale to deliver value for our end customers. We work closely with the product teams that build and deploy on our platform, driving innovation for our customers.
How you can make Impact:
Own end-to-end sub-platform domains - We collect petabytes of application diagnostics and billions of events data per day. It is the most critical data collected to provide insights to our users about their application and business performance.
Own Product Vision & Roadmap: Identify data platform opportunities and establish a shared product vision, strategy and roadmap to make the vision a reality.
Define detailed product requirements: Including use cases, success metrics, acceptance criteria, performance KPIs and business impact.
Product Owner: Work closely with the engineering team follow Agile development best practices, including creating epics & stories and continuously grooming the backlog.
Working with data science team and product managers: Unlock the value of application diagnostics and event data via machine learning.
Meeting customers: Collect requirements through successful product discovery and validating product roadmaps.
Defining a GTM strategy: Define customer-facing deliverables by working closely with marketing, field, documentation, pre and post sales teams.
If you're passionate about building a data platform that ingests, stores and process billions of events and petabytes of data a day and are curious about how some of the biggest companies in the world use platform to transform themselves digitally, we need your help!
* A Self-Starter/Team Player Attitude: You get excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large cross-functional projects.
* Empathy-driven customer-first Mindset: You obsess about why and how customer uses our platform and eventually use these insights to keep customers' best interest in product decisions and overall prioritization.
* Solid Business/Strategic Intuition: You are able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear product roadmap.
* Roll up your sleeves attitude: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize these insights, work with all stakeholders, drive decision-making and get things done.
* Storytelling chops: You can look at a complex set of data that you collected from various sources or user research, synthesize them, and create motivating customer-centric stories for engineers, designers, and executives.
* Strong Design Sense: You have a high bar for product quality, and can work through design challenges to make a great product.
* Technical Chops: You are technical enough to work closely with platform architects & engineers of your domain and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future.
* An Analytical mindset: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features by defining/tracking success metrics and using that data to guide the next steps.
What might help
* A BS degree in Computer Science or another technical field in a plus.
* 3+ years of software product management experience working on data platform.
* Strong understanding of data modeling, data infrastructure, and data querying.
* Familiar with microservices, Service Oriented Architectures, and REST APIs.
* Experience building and operationalizing SaaS platform services is highly desired.
* Strong understanding of the complex and highly scalable data stores such as Elastic search.
What we have to offer
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but there are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* Annual professional development fund to build your skills in product, leadership and technical topics.
* 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
* Paid time away for new parents (13 weeks).
* The mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years.
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks.
* State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station.
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com.AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.