Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Do you love to solve problems, thrive in a collaborative environment, and jump at the opportunity to tackle new challenges? If so, then Hulu may be the place for you. The Advertising Platform team is looking for a strong Solutions Engineer to join our team. Hulu runs one of the largest proprietary video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month. Our ad server makes thousands of decisions per second to optimize the value of each impression for both our advertisers and our viewers. The ad server is part of a complex ecosystem consisting of multiple internal and external systems. Problems can arise in any of our multiple integrations which will involve solving issues requires deep technical awareness of the system to properly identify root causes and propose solutions for systemic problems. This team is responsible for driving these investigations, including coordinating communication with internal and external parties, keeping track of open issues, and coming up with creative means for getting to the right data to identify the problem. A strong solutions engineer will have a background in a solutions oriented support role, ideally with experience working with both business oriented stakeholders and engineering teams. We need a great teammate that will socialize, implement, drive and maintain standards for the overall quality of the Ad Platform team. Not to mention, contribute to the implementation of solutions which will automate support tasks and identify and develop solutions to solve internal and external system integrations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Collaborate with internal team members and external partners to collect requirements and drive implementation.
* Work with engineers on the Ad team to define the next generation architecture for applications to support Hulu technical and non-technical stakeholder; including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain.
* Document common support request procedures for the Ad Platform Solutions Engineering team.
* Identify opportunities for automating support tasks and drive implementation of those solutions.
* Assist in transitioning support tasks from engineering team to Solutions Engineering team.
* Coach and mentor other specialists on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
* Be a part of the vision, strategy, and execution for the solutions engineering group in the Ad Platform.
WHAT TO BRING
* 2+ years of top-tier solutions engineering experience.
* Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-throughput web application.
* Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
* Familiarity in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
* Previous experience in the Ad Tech space (e.g. ad network, demand-side platform, etc.)
* Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.