Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for phenomenal people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu runs one of the largest video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a Hulu viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging overall experience for Hulu viewers. The Ad Delivery team specializes in the delivery of advertisement campaigns and ensures that the pacing rate of the campaigns is healthy and daily delivery goals are met. Some of the major focus areas for the team are to ensure the Ad is delivered to the right set of users, optimize for brand and ad fatigue for users, innovate pacing and ad selection algorithms, solve for Dynamic Ad Insertion of video ads on Live Streams, and measure and report on Total Supply and monetizable opportunity for ad delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Build robust and scalable micro-services
* End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance
* Seek opportunities to optimize ad delivery algorithm - measure and monitor ad-break utilization for ad count and ad duration.
* Work with product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementation
* Define technical and operational metrics to measure ad delivery health
* Build Functional and Qualitative Test frameworks for ad server
* Challenge our team and software to be even better
WHAT TO BRING
* BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
* 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong programming (Java/C#/C++ or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
* Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
* Strive for excellence
* Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
* Experience with Redis and/or MemCache
* Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
* Big Data technologies and data warehouses - Spark, Hadoop, Redshift
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.