Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's Content Library team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who is sharp, motivated and will help build the technology backbone of Hulu. The team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needs to acquire content from over 500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. As a part of this team, you would use technologies like SpringBoot, Django, MySQL, Redis, Kafka and native AWS resources such as DynamoDB, SQS, Elasticache, Elasticsearch etc.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Understand and implement the best engineering practices to write well constructed and easy to maintain code while collaborating with product managers to achieve business functionality
* Improve the content ingestion and management system APIs, publishing tools and workflows
* Design well architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices; and write defensive and robust tests
* Communicate status with peers and/or managers and present views and opinions respectfully
* On-board and mentor other developers on the team on standards and best practices
WHAT TO BRING
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of software development experience, and proficiency in Python or Java
* Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search etc.)
* Fundamental understanding of relational, document and graph databases
* An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning, and a love of owning a problem end-to-end
* A desire to relentlessly pursue better ways on how to tackle problems and improve systems
* Experience with Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Data Matching
* Knack for designing large scale distributed systems on the cloud
* You can view this description as an overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply. We want to hear from you.
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.