Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will be an exceptional addition to our Content Delivery team. Our team makes sure that Hulu client applications can access our quality content in a scalable, performant way. As a TPM at Hulu, you will partner with Product Management to understand the business and product needs, translate those needs to engineering requirements, and work with all impacted teams to ensure a successful launch of the product or feature. The right person for this role is fluent in both technology and the language of product, marketing, and advertising. You will need to move and adapt quickly as needs change, while keeping the bigger picture in view. You are expected to always maintain a pulse on development progress and handle the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project so that deadlines are met with great products and happy teams. We are looking for someone who thrives in a reciprocal environment, loves working across multiple teams, is motivated by making complex systems work, and jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful problems, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Collaborate with product managers and engineers to scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release products. Manage requirements, relationships, timelines and deliverables.
* Work across teams to take on broad technical problems and work towards the right solution from both a technical and business perspective
* Work with multiple engineering teams to track progress for large initiatives related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all partners
* Communicate with team members regarding the delivery status, dependencies, and risks against agreed objectives
* Work with multiple engineering teams to ensure large initiatives are running smoothly and report out progress related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all stakeholders
* Work in an environment with regularly shifting priorities and take a level-headed approach to incorporating new work into an existing plan
* Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company
* Understand the fundamentals of Hulu's business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delay in discussions amongst interested parties
WHAT TO BRING
* 5+ years of experience in software program management
* Ability to lead concurrent projects
* Experience in Agile software development
* You have a deep understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
* You have good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills in English. Skilled interaction with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Have completed at least one complete software shipping cycle.
* You have the ability to proactively identify dependencies/risks and work with your engineering counterparts to mitigate risks
* Passion for building robust and reliable technology
* Prefer to have prior experience in building/managing large-scale, highly available, web and data services.
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.