Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's Cloud DVR team is seeking an Engineering Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building the services that power the Cloud DVR product at Hulu. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to challenging problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.You will have strong software design and development skills, and a solid understanding of distributed systems design and architecture. You will be able to translate high-level business requirements into scalable software solutions and drive complex software projects from inception to delivery. You will have strong communication skills, both within engineering teams and with partners across the business. Finally, you will be passionate about career development and have a strong track record of attracting, hiring, and developing top-tier engineering talent.If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at data center level, love to know all the new NoSql, SQL and big data technologies then this is a great opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
* Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes.
* Collaborate efficiently with PM and other developers to build datastores as a service to power our next generation video services.
* Collaborate with senior internal team members and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
* Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
WHAT TO BRING
* Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
* 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience; 3 years of management experience
* Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-throughput web application
* Strong passion about automation, testing, and code quality.
* Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
* Strong proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
* Previous experience developing highly scalable and distributed systems
* Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments
* MySQL, NoSQL and Redis experience
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.