Do you have a strong electrical-mechanical aptitude? Omnicell is hiring for field-based Technical Service (Field) Engineering positions. Great opportunity to join a growing company!
Omnicell Technical Service (Field) Engineers (TSE) provide troubleshooting, repair services and scheduled preventive maintenance for the Omnicell's pharmacy and supply automation solutions at customer sites within a designated geographic area. Omnicell TSEs are dispatched as needed by Omnicell's 24x7 Call Center. Although TSEs focus mainly on hardware repairs, the Omnicell solutions are a combination of hardware and software and TSEs work with both.
* On site troubleshooting and repair of customer problems on Omnicell products * Meet company guidelines for response time and service levels * Differentiate between hardware and software product problems * Collect and report all customer and problem data in Omnicell database * Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution * Provide support coverage 24 hour/7days a week * Frequent local travel in primary area * Provide backup support in adjacent areas as needed * Participation in various staff meetings * Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction; parts inventory and RMA process; * and software updates * Participate in various field projects as necessary * Troubleshoot customer issues over phone and provide remote support * Provide home work space and space for trunk stock inventory
Knowledge and Skills:
* Computer skills in the following areas: Database, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, & Graphics. * Computer systems skills: Windows 7, XP, 2003 SQL, Firefox & Networking * Basic electronics knowledge * Possess and excellence in speaking and writing English * Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with customers * Must have good organization skills * Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to approximate 5 ft. height * Ability to: * Multitask * evaluate multiple customer issues and set priorities * manage processes
Note: The selected individual must have a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record, be able to meet company's insurance coverage requirements and have their own vehicle in acceptable working condition.
* Associate degree/Technical Certification with 3 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems. (In lieu of Associates degree, a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems is required)
* Bachelor degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or Engineering * Coursework in Network Engineering, Robotics or Electronics * Experience working in a hospital environment a plus
* Field based position * Travel required * On call 24/7 days a week
Omnicell's automated medication/supply mgmt, business analytics solutions, and adherence packaging enable improved efficiency, patient safety & satisfaction.