The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing support for all Omnicell customers. This position is responsible for troubleshooting issues in many areas such as, mechanical, hardware and pneumatic failures, software issues, network analysis and user related questions. The Engineer must exercise independent judgment to determine the source of the problem and the most appropriate way to resolve. The Technical Assistance Center provides technical support on a 24/7/365 basis.
The role will provide technical support for Omnicell products installed throughout the customer base. The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, direct consultation and must assure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards. They will also need a clear understanding of when to escalate more complex and urgent issues.
* Answer incoming support requests from internal/external sources to maintain acceptable service levels * Provide technical support for internal & external customers on multiple Omnicell Products * Provide a pleasant and professional customer experience with all customers * Accurate documentation of the product issue, troubleshooting steps, and all customer interactions * Provide a timely response to all customer calls and/or escalations * Troubleshoot technical issues and identify root cause and solve issues, quickly determine more complex issues and escalate as needed * Follow all company processes, policies, and customer requirements * Educate customers as necessary to allow them to support themselves or resolve their issues * Utilize the department's knowledge base to determine proper troubleshooting course of action * Guide customers through manual resolutions when necessary * Provide remote connectivity support via any of the available methods * Manage assigned tickets, providing timely updates and/or resolution to meet the customers' expectations * Utilize all commonly provided tools necessary to accurately support the issue * Collaborate with other team members to assist with a timely resolution * Identify new problems and contribute information necessary to document resolutions * Proactively identify trends at customer sites with respect to hardware and software that can lead to problems * Strive to meet individual, departmental and company goals & objectives * Provide database support services, gathering & analyzing statistical data to assist in determining root cause
Knowledge and Skills:
* Competency in Microsoft Office & Operating Systems * Basic understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting * Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor when under pressure * Ability to multitask and manage a large workload * Ability to troubleshoot hardware up to and including mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment * Excellent verbal & written communication skills * Strong organization skills
* Associate's Degree or High Scholl Diploma/GED with 2 years of experience working with computer hardware/software troubleshooting * 2+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
* Associates Degree * Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems and or Electro-Mechanical concentration preferred * Previous experience using CRM or other customer service logging applications * Working knowledge of SQL & Oracle
* Office environment * Occasional work from home (requires functional, quiet environment) * Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours, requiring on-call shifts * Must be able to work weekend shift * Occasional travel (5%)
Omnicell's automated medication/supply mgmt, business analytics solutions, and adherence packaging enable improved efficiency, patient safety & satisfaction.