Technical Project Coordinator - Disaster Recovery
Req #: 190027306
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
The Asset and Wealth Management's Production & Infrastructure (AWMP&I) technology team develops and manages the suite of applications, infrastructure components and systems that support financial accounting, client reporting, business profitability analysis, information websites, investment engines, pricing databases, decision-making and data processing. The technologies and business applications we support and provide oversight for include business applications, data centers, servers, desktops, networks, communications systems, contingency sites and much more.
Asset and Wealth Management's Production & Infrastructure (AWMP&I) is comprised of a global management team who specialize in Production Support (Application Services Delivery), Technology Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering, Distributed Computing Infrastructure Support, End User Technology and Infrastructure Solutions Management.
Asset & Wealth Managements Technology Resiliency team is responsible for ensuring the portfolio of 700+ applications are able to recover to an alternate data center in the event of a disaster. They do this through regular testing of applications which includes planning the test, executing, and conducting follow-up as required.
As part of the Technology Resiliency team within Asset & Wealth Management, you will support the global team the plans and executes technology resiliency events. The Technology Resiliency Project Coordinator will work with their counterparts to help plan events, document post event evidence, conduct port-mortem reviews, and save all information into firm system of record systems.
Other responsibilities include:
* Assist team members in the coordination of tests including the execution of technology recovery plans on an annual basis
* Assist team members in the coordination and execution of sustained resiliency events (move of production processing from primary to alternate datacenter) on annual basis
* Provide a command and control presence on technical bridges driving work streams for the coordination and execution of technology recovery during actual datacenter failure
* Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
* Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis for issues that impacted Production
* Lead automation of resiliency events leveraging firm standard automation frameworks.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Professional experience in Events and Project Coordination / Management practices and skills
* Track record of collaboration within a team and amounts cross-functional teams
* Strong working knowledge of a global financial institution in terms of technology infrastructure and their dependencies and requirements
* Must be able to work unconventional shifts which will include some weekends.
* Strong working knowledge of tools such as HP Service Manager, ServiceNow, collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Microsoft Office
* General technology understanding across Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed Systems, Storage and Networks
* Build relationships both from a customer and technical point of view including with the problem and change management teams
* Foundation Certification or strong knowledge of ITIL concepts is advantageous
* Technical background with knowledge of Automation/Scripting a strong plus
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
* Understanding of risk controls and compliance to departmental and companywide standards
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.