JP Morgan Chase
CIB - Control Management - Program Manager (Technology Solutions) - Associate
Req #: 190058486
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Job Category: Credit
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan CIB Central Controls Office works closely with business-aligned Control Managers in Markets, Banking and Security Services to deliver a comprehensive set of Risk and Control services for the CIB. The newly formed Technology Solutions team is responsible for the strategic CIB controls technology platform and day-to-day technology budgeting and prioritization process. The CIB Central Office reports into CIB Finance and Business Management (F&BM).
The business analyst role will report into the solutions team and assist with the development and rollout of a new CIB
Controls technology platform aimed at improving end-user experience, reducing the amount of manual day-to-day tasks, and
provide senior business stakeholders with a rich set of risk and control metrics.
The Controls Technology Solutions Team is responsible for:
* Delivery of a Framework for intake, prioritization and delivery of Technology Requests across the CIB Controls team
* Strategic program management to deliver target state Controls platform to facilitate activities, including Control Processing, Supervisory Reviews, and the CORE-based Business Assessment process.
* Close engagement with partners in Controls, Technology, and the Business to devise and execute on a multi-year target state transformation program
* Gather high-level requirements:
o Partner with Control Managers for requested Functionality and Reporting
o Engage Front Office staff for Supervisory tasks
* Identifying functional and non-functional commonalities across a broad range of use-cases
o Recognize opportunities to share and/or re-use existing technology
o Influence the solution-ing process to maximize the chance for technology component re-use
* Work closely with Technology to:
o Interpret, enrich, and document business and control team requirements
o Coordinate with associated Controls team Program leads
o Prioritize deliveries with a goal of maximizing development team productivity, reducing delivery risk, and meeting the needs of the program leads
* Prior experience with the technology development life-cycle, including the
o Business Requirements Documentation (BRDs)
o Agile development framework
o User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
* Data modeling experience is highly desirable, including:
o Relational database design and Structured Query Language (SQL)
o Experience with data modeling languages such as XML, JSON, and YAML
* An understanding of the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) process is highly desirable
* Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
* Good organizational skills - manages & prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons / deadlines
* Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail.
* Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering ability
* Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing aptitude
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.