ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This is a unique opportunity to have significant influence on managing the operations that enable Udemy to launch new product lines that improve lives through learning. Your breadth of impact will range from how students discover learning experiences, engage with learning and pay to access to learning.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Manage operations of time-bound and/or continuous programs including project scoping, schedule, risk mitigation plans and resource planning
* Balance the delivery of large, high impact, highly cross-functional initiatives and a set of smaller projects
* Partner with business, product, design and engineering leaders to develop program plans, including roadmaps, dependencies, and resourcing plans
* Communicate clearly and effectively to management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner
* Continuously improve delivery and organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with the leadership teams. Lead post-launch analysis to guide future programs
We're excited about you because you have:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical field
* 5+ years of relevant work experience as a technical program manager in software development organizations enabled by mature program management practices
Great if you have:
* Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset, and exhibiting appropriate levels of urgency
* Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
* Demonstrated ability and experience of working with product managers, product designers, engineering teams and key stakeholders across a variety of business functions
* Demonstrated ability and experience in influencing, developing productive working relationships, and leading teams to successful product delivery
* Focus on results and outcomes, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate, but don't view process as a cure-all for delivery issues. You proactively address program obstacles, and have the willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery
* Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress
* Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates a marketplace for teaching and learning.